Radio Doug, Vatican Economists, and Nebulizers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jan 22 17:21:07 PST 1999

Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 JayHecht at aol.com wrote:
>
>> For those who don't get Doug's weekly WBAI radio show, Doug was (forced) to
>> take callers. Oh my god!!!! The nuts came out in droves - I really wish I
>> had a tape of this show - a women called up and started decrying that her
>> asthma was somehow related to the decline in producrtion of some sort of
>> "nebulizers" Than some guy went on about a conspiracy of "vatican
>>economists"
>> and the EC.
>>
>And how did El Jefe deal with these nuts?

We (the engineer & I, who made a joint decision) more or less hung up on the Nebulizer (who wrote me a follow-up letter complaining about the rude treatment). I made a joke of some sort about my Catholic childhood and hung up on the Vatican guy (who also wrote a letter that I haven't had the nerve to read yet).

Doug