Conspiracy theories really do come true.

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 22 21:26:02 PST 1999

At 09:30 AM 1/22/99 -0600, you wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, pms wrote:
>

>> They all think this is a bad time to be in power. And maybe Newt's just
>> lurking in the night, sucking blood to gain strength for his reappearance.
>>

>I heard The Salamander was going to run for governor of GA. You heard
>anything about that Paula?
>
>--
>
>Joseph Noonan
>jfn1 at msc.com

Nope.(except, me, right after he resigned saying, 'oh my God, what if he runs for governor, to several people) But I must confess, I've just started reading pulp again. I always hate when the legistlature's in and I have to read the Atlanta Jack-off and Constipation. Yesterday I was skimming our local reactionary rag disquised as an alternative paper, and it seems the new gov is freakin' everybody out. Maybe Roy Barnes IS "too liberal (or something) for Georgia". First thing he did was kiss off the historically powerful and untouchable Dept. of Transportation. That is truly amazing! ( I remember being confused when I watched Cynthia McKinney smoozing these guys. Not like her. That's the first time I realized how powerful they were) Said he was gonna create a new state agency to run transportation and development. Local officials chokin' on their pop-tarts. The Lt. Gov., Mark Taylor, kissed off the Repubs by leaving them out of committee assignments. It seems that all the ranting and whineing the Repubs used to pull was all for show, cause when they were doing it, the Dems were bending over backwards to be inclusive. Now that they really are being shafted, they're acting like lambs.

Barnes taking on the DOT is so stunning that it makes me wonder if his early campaign ads promising a better healthcare system really were all lies. Anything could happen. I kinda think Newt will see what he can conjure, before he gives up greater aspirations than gov. I can picture a combination of events that would have Newt looking good to people, but I just terrified of the man, so maybe I'm not a good judge. I picture him plotting to take advantage of the coming slow-down to position himself for 2004.

Paula