Dick Armey

Paul Henry Rosenberg rad at gte.net
Sat Jan 23 10:30:48 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Henry C.K. Liu wrote:
>
> >I defer to your indigenous credentials.
> >Of course its all relative. I lived one year in Dallas, and found even the
> >extremt right has deep populist roots with anti big government and anti big
> >business sentiments based on rugged individuality.
>
> Yes they do, but they do so from a region that would hardly be populated
> had it not been for decades of federal education, highway, water,
> agricultural, and military subsidies. Most of these clowns like Armey and
> Gramm have never held a private sector job of any consequence. Armey's
> first job in North Dakota was with the Rural Electrification Association;
> he went on to get degrees and teach at public universities. Then he went to
> Congress, where he's been drawing a federal paycheck since 1985. Very
> similar things can be said about Gramm, Tauzin, etc.

Has anyone done a comprehensive collection of this information? I know that Gingrich, for example, has only worked as a college professor (scarey thought, but he never got close to tenure, even at a minor league school). But I'm unaware of anyone who's put this all together. Has anyone done this?

-- Paul Rosenberg Reason and Democracy rad at gte.net

"Let's put the information BACK into the information age!"