surplus and other stuff

Sun Jan 24 13:14:21 PST 1999

>>> <d-m-c at worldnet.att.net> 01/24 1:19 PM >>>
Figures ey Angela. Well I guess it's just you n me ya sweet thang

And Chaz, I be damned. I never woulda guessed that ya'd be into the lovin the material really Real of bodies. Such an essentialist you are.

k,

You are so clever. How come you never woulda guessed that I'd be into lovin' the materially really Real bodies ?

Yes, I know about this "essentialist" charge. It is all the rave in post-modernism (not that I am saying you are a postmod). What I've noticed is that "anti-essentialism" is usually associated with anti-materialism, a sort of new supernaturalism or idealism ( like Platonism). I'm always arguing for materialism, so why would I seem not to love the materially, really real. If I'm the materialist, why wouldn't I be into the material ? Seriously, though I know you tell a lot of jokes. Is it that you say anti-essentialism is the true materialism ?

That's it ! I'm a vulgar materialist and you are a fancy materialist. But don't you think a vulgar materialist would be into , you know ?