[Fwd: The Politics of Cancer]

Steve Grube grube at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 24 19:52:34 PST 1999

A quote from below: "For sure the chemicals that we are exposed to will have

an effect, but most of it is positive, like disinfectants and antibiotics. You would have to gas America to put a dent in the

increased life expectancy due to those medical advances."

This is quite cynical and conclusions like this "shut down" a lot of people from looking further into their own chemical and toxic profiles: what chemicals are in their homes and communties as well as the workplace.

I have one suggestion: listen to Rachel Carson herself in a speech before the National Women's Press Club in 1962. She defends her position on the event of the release of "Silent Spring." This is one of the rare treasures of the Internet and software such as RealAudio.

Democracy NOW!

BTW, if the link doesn't come through, it is a Democracy Now! recording that was done on 12/29/97 and is kept at webactive.com