Politics of Cancer

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Mon Jan 25 00:16:12 PST 1999

I presume these are lifetime expectancy calculations made in the year in question for what will happen in the future. Not, obviously, incidence figures for the year in question.

They do however show a powerful trend in what we will die of, which is the result of many factors in how we interact with our environment. Not all of these are bad, but some of them undoubtedly are made worse by the capitalist ownership and control of the means of production.

They point further to the merits of "social production controlled by social foresight".

Chris Burford

London