Supporting Clinton's plan (Re: Milton F. on SS privatization

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Wed Jan 27 12:02:38 PST 1999

Re Nathan's: "Obviously, the most progressive approach would be to massively expand Social Security into a full government pension fund as a replacement for all forms of private pensions and savings plans."

Well, then, since this list is devoted to advancing truly leftist interests -- not propping up the agenda of Democratic Leadership Council -- I say swing for fence. Seems to me we should be spending more time figuring out how to raise public consciousness about progressive causes, not arguing that genuinely progressive solutions will never be politcally acceptable.

Carl Remick