Derrida and Time Management (was Re: [PEN-L:2680] Duke....)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 28 21:13:48 PST 1999

Doug wrote:
>In both cases, it seems like an anxiety is defused through a
>dismissal: either they're incomprehensible (perhaps deliberately so) or
>irrelevant.

Well, I say they are quite comprehensible, easy to read, and of limited relevance. Derrida is a time-saver, too. Reading him, you get the feeling that you are reading marginal comments on the Greatest Hits of the West Civ. And that is why he's been popular. A philosopher for the times of Time Management Workshops.

Yoshie