[PEN-L:2680] Duke University's literature department

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Jan 29 08:56:31 PST 1999

Re Doug's: "Hell, there's that girl in the recent Levi's ad who even commodifies capitalism itself, and sells it like another product."

I was wondering when someone was going to mention that ad, easily the most infuriating to appear on the tube in some time. So much for the trappings of the old counterculture. I wouldn't buy Levi's today even if I *could* fit into them comfortably. Take that, Robert D. Haas!

Carl Remick