Wally defends Reason

James Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Jan 29 10:14:23 PST 1999

It should not at all be surprising that "Strauss-influenced conservatives" should be found in alliance with pomos in attacking the Enlightenment, since Leo Strauss had after all been a student (and teaching assistant) of Heidegger, who is a patron saint of pomo. Also, it is of interest to note that Lou Proyect's friend, Meera Nanda, has written on how in India, some right-wing Hindu nationalists have been taking up pomo in order to bash the Enlightenment ideals of the secular left.

Jim Farmelant

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]