USWA President Says December Import Data Portends Disaster for American Steel Industry

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Fri Jan 29 21:21:10 PST 1999

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

George Becker our USWA president told congress the other day that the Steelworkers were on the edge of losing 100,000 jobs by this July. This is no idle chit-chat coming from George---it's the facts.

Compounding our problems is the world wide weakness in demand. For example the oil and gas rig count is the lowest it has been in the United States since around 1900 when rig count records were first kept.

Your email pal,

Tom L.

440-282-6015 phone

440-282-3704 fax