Al "The Gila Monster" Gore

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 30 01:24:17 PST 1999

But Henry, you forgot the best part, the picture of Al "the Gila Monster" Gore. Do you get the feeling they're talking at each other, quite forcibly? Big stuff going on here, history of capitalism wise, doncha think? Anybody jump in here. Other related articles good too. I like this paper, btw, made desktop status. Thanks Henry.

Folks, is it my imagination? The article on Brazil, isn't this guy kinda offering the deal. Isn't it kind of like, extortion? You give us high returns, we don't shut you down.

And you know, the elites, some anyway, can probably justify screwing the rest of the country, cause, hey, why should everybody suffer.

This very elitist friend of the owner's, just, once again, came back from Brazil, with a rosy economic forecast. And I'm ashamed to say, I'm sorta of waiting with anticipation for the Brazilian economy to collapse. Just so I can be right. Pretty bad. It's part of my sobriety ego, I guess.

Sure Argentina did this, but look at the "restructuring" they had to do before it could happen. A decade earlier, we downsized. They "disappeared". Market efficiency by any means necessary.

And I think what Al is saying to Japan, that they better get on the ball and figure out downsizing, Japanese style. Doesn't it kinda boil down to that?

So too, with Europe? "harness to the full", indeed. The evil motherfucker. I think we're arming for war with Europe, Japan, whoever. Because of another historic economic clash. Which I've always meant to read more about, with the other world wars. Unless we can provoke Russia somehow into looking threatening to Germany, and do some other kind of dance. We're huntin' for Tango.

Did you hear about the Polish farmers? They had 5 or 6 big roads blocked and said more would be blocked on Monday, though apparently the govt. had given in to some demands. It wasn't enough. I'm half Polish you know.

Anybody got anymore on the Polish situation handy? Today I mentioned to at least two people, that Americans deserve what they get, cause they're lazy.

In Europe, people are always taking to the streets, en masse. I like to mention when Germans were doing this, for that fifth or sixth week of paid vacation. (A lot of people have no clue about this stuff. Real basic, whats possible in the world, stuff.) And Americans are too busy shopping and watching sports. Of course, I say it in a fun way, if I'm talking to a virgin of consciousness.

Oh, my, god. I ramble. Off to bed. But reeeeelly. Check out the picture.

Doug- I don't think these late night, after work, on the two nights I work dinner and have to wait on the annoying rich(actually, I had just the nice and comfortable, generous people, tonight) posts should count as my next day posts, cause my time frame is completely different. Know what I mean, Doug?

yawn-p

http://www.hkstandard.com/online/finance/001/frontpg/fina001.htm Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii;

name="fina001.htm" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline;

filename="fina001.htm" Content-Base: "http://www.hkstandard.com/online/finan

ce/001/frontpg/fina001.htm" Content-Location: "http://www.hkstandard.com/online/finan

ce/001/frontpg/fina001.htm"

----------

Heavyweights urge action on crisis control

Gentle prod: US Vice-President Al Gore urges Tokyo to speed up its reforms. He says Europe's new financial muscle must also be harnessed to the full. Picture: Reuters

FINANCIAL leaders of the major industrial powers urged swift action to reform the global financial system to cope with any crises, saying the time for analysis was over.

>Brazil urged to follow lead of Argentina
>BRAZIL should establish a currency board as Argentina did in 1991, Domingo
Cavallo, who was finance minister during that period, told the World Economic Forum annual gathering.
>``Brazil should rapidly adopt the Argentinian system. I mean a currency
board,'' Mr Cavallo said.

>The system would work on the basis of a fixed rate between the real and
the US dollar, allowing Brazilians to conduct business transactions in either currency. The exchange rate would be defended by an automatic adjustment in interest rates.

>Mr Cavallo said there is only one way to conduct monetary policy in
emerging countries: either the currency floats, but is backed by a strict interest rate policy whatever the cost to the economy, or be pegged to the dollar.

>``I think that within a few weeks the Brazilians will discover what they
have to do,'' Mr Cavallo said.

>The Brazilian government on 13 January tried to carry out a controlled
devaluation of the currency, letting it fall 8 per cent by widening the allowed level of fluctuation in the real's value against the dollar. - AFP