Discussion of stock values

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sat Jan 30 10:57:31 PST 1999

Dear Jim,

Earlier I posted a little information on the S&P 500 composite price index. How this index had been drawn up in 1957 with a base period of 1941-1943. I'd be curious who the players would have been in 1928 and then again in 1935. How many firms would have entered or exited the index. The magnitude of the entrances or exits of firms. What the various sector breakdowns looked like. I've got a lot of questions about this; even in the magnitudes of moves in the index without exit. The effect of mergers on the index etc.etc.

Your email pal,

Tom L.