Caldwell on war

Joe Kaplinsky jkaplinsky at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:44:27 PDT 1999

Chris,

You make a very simple question very complicated.

The west says to Rwanda and Yugoslavia:

"You are savages who are clearly incapable of living together without murdering each other. If we leave you to your own business then you will carry on in this way for generations to come. In order to help you avoid this fate we will occupy your countries and take over your justice systems. With our impartial standards of civilised justice you can all live happily ever after."

I paraphrase, obviously.

My response to the west:

"Go screw yourselves."

Joe.