Kosovo deaths

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Wed Jul 14 08:46:56 PDT 1999

I've found it interesting that, in spite of the relentless barrage of impoacting images from mass graves in Kosovo, not one western media outlet has bothered to report on the total number of peple found in those mass graves. Finally, El Pais reports

http://www.elpais.es/p/d/19990714/internac/arbour.htm

that the total number of victims found in 10 mass graves investigated by the international tribunal in Kosovo is _estimated by NATO_ to be around 400. According to NATO, there are 90 more mass graves. Since

a) we can assume that the worst mass graves are being given priority

b) at least a few of those deaths are be related to KLA-Yugo combat

c) NATO has proven a, shall we say, less than reliable source in this matters (remember the estimates of 100,000+ deaths which inflamed the war frenzies of ex-hippie warmongers like Sontag)

this seems to put a generous upper bound of 2-4,000 in the final amount of inocents murdered by Serb forces. At worst, the Serbs killed no more poeple than NATO humanitarians, not counting the inevitable increase in death rates that will come from the environmental and infrastructural devastation caused by two months of terror bombing of civilian targets.

Any comments from the lists' bombardiers and ex-bombardiers?

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique