Women soccer goalie

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Wed Jul 14 11:58:02 PDT 1999

Brad De Long wrote:

> It is rare that any one soccer player is singlehandedly responsible
> for the victory. Usually all eleven people--plus many
> substitutes--touch the ball during the course of a game.

Yeah, yeah, go team and all that. But if you had seen the last three US games, with their field-player performance deteriorating steadily and Scurry's spectacular saves keeping them on the games, you'd realize how little I was exaggerating.

Plus, only 3 substitutions per game are allowed, and they are rarely used up.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique