Another Famous Black Goalie

Sam Pawlett rsp at uniserve.com
Fri Jul 16 10:22:04 PDT 1999

Charles Brown wrote:

> The most left expression from U.S. sports is the strikes. Of course , the monopoly media plays up the paradox that the players are paid so much, but at some level there is a message in an analogy to the boss/worker relation in the owner/player relationship. It is obvious that the owners do not add much value to the game "commodity". Why should the sports owners get so much money ?

The oddest thing about sports strikes is the players association strikes *for* a return to the free market while the owners want controls put on the market(salary caps.) Countering the logic of capitalism to restore the logic of capitalism! This fact has always left me ambivalent about supporting the striking millionaires though I always do because George Steinbrenner, Marge Schott and Peter Pocklington et. al. leave such a bad taste in my mouth.

Sam Pawlett