mobilizing against globalizing

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Fri Jul 16 20:29:57 PDT 1999

The phone number is 1-877-STOP WTO

Websites are http://peopleforfairtrade.org and http://seattlewto.org

The silly manichean "debate" of free trade vs. protectionism is dead. The pathologies of globalization have been analyzed ad nauseum. It is time to exit the cul-de-sac of cynicism and put the squabbles aside. The neoliberals are afraid of the future that must be born. Attention all midwives of hope and courage: bring your brain and your heart to Seattle, we've got work to do. We've secured several large venues for for folks to speak about the future of: democracy, ecology, industrial and post-industrial organization, women, children, race, trees, cells, genes, money, weapons, hope, hate, power and peace. All voices welcome! Come and help us learn to dance with evolution....

Caring costs nothing,

Ian Seattle, WA