Lefty athletes and the baseball players union (was: Another Famous Black Goalie)

michael corbin mcx at bellatlantic.net
Sat Jul 17 18:50:46 PDT 1999

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> There's also Hains Point

I Don't play golf. But dodging the park police, East Potomac Park has possibilities, a free zone of deep throats and other politics. I like the outside of golf course. A kind of no man's land. Across the creek on one side is national airport, yous can watch the jets land. on the other is the war college. but in the median strip of a park . . . other things. but then golf . . .

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/archives/cover/1999/cover0611.html

> As for the toadies bit, I'd suggest DC is a bastion of folks.

A bastion of folks. Well put.

the WPFW struggle is not a/the pacifica struggle. And the the triangulation of 'diversity', 'radicalism' and the mode/medium of information are different in this locality.

what are the politics of desiring a 'broadcast' 'network' anyway? All the narrowcasters with their realaudio archives, and the cable radioers are like old school ham broadcasters talking in the night to who they wants to talk to. broadcast is necessary. 'networks' aren't. radio is radical in that way.

Radio is radical local. most of the shit is in english anyway.

The AM band freaks talking in late night korean, arabic and that particular Salvadoran inflection. hometown news. maybe its all the cosmopolitans who want to believe in the broadcast network. and the medium is different than the televisual, the video and the cinema.

But the free radio, its not just about identity and subject positions. spread out across nation-states or other globes.

The pirates and micros are necessary (but not enough). the electro-magnetic spectrum should be what we should take over. the corporations don't own the airwaves. fences make private property. radio waves have other divisions we can take. The FCC is a good target. the existing spectrum is *not* 'full'. it could be divided in different ways with different technology. Frequency modulation has other possibilities. And the amplitude modulation is sometimes wide open. Its about organizing. Not just listserv servitude.

Lee Elder should be noted with golf.

mc