Waco: Rules of Engagement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 18 07:15:07 PDT 1999

Steve Perry wrote:

>Just watched the New Yorker Video release tonight. Smart, thorough,
>devastating. Interesting footnote: In the year or so that I've had two
>vcr's hooked together to dub tapes, this is the *first* one I've encountered
>that actually has copy-protection.

Isn't that an excellent film? It makes it irrefutably clear that the government wanted to fry those poor oddballs. Any New Yorker who voted for Schumer for Senate should watch it to see what a raving asshole he is - an anti-gun nut who's scarier in some ways than your average gun nut.

As for the copy protection, it's difficut to find the video for rent anywhere, and the folks who made it deserve the sale. They've got a website at <http://www.waco93.com/>, which claims you can buy it at Tower and Borders. I got mine from Amazon. Well worth the $20.

Doug