Waco: Rules of Engagement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 18 20:18:32 PDT 1999

[this bounced because it had an attachment]

From: Steve Perry <sperry at usinternet.com> Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:46:02 -0500

Despite the hype, very few commercially released tapes (even the ones from blockbuster, yes) actually have copy-protection installed on them. That seems to have been a passing fad for the most part. Though of course the industry is now hoping that dvd's will replace tape, since there is as yet no such thing as a recordable dvd.

---------- From: paula Sent: Sunday, July 18, 1999 5:36 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Waco: Rules of Engagement

At 12:37 AM 7/19/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Just watched the New Yorker Video release tonight. Smart, thorough,
>devastating. Interesting footnote: In the year or so that I've had two
>vcr's hooked together to dub tapes, this is the *first* one I've encountered
>that actually has copy-protection.

hold on, hold on. by dub do you mean copy? and by first do you mean, as opposed to all those other tapes from the video store, even Blockbuster?