USWA March on Washington this Friday

alexlocascio at juno.com alexlocascio at juno.com
Mon Jul 19 12:49:57 PDT 1999

Any of you mugs planning on going? I actually had a chance to visit this Shipyard last year and meet with this local. Now they're on strike. Weird.

I'll be there, if anyone wants to do coffee.

Alex (UFCW Local 400)

--

JOIN THE MARCH -- Steelworkers on strike against Newport News Shipbuilding since April 5 and members of other unions and supporters will rally and march July 23 in Washington, D.C. The striking USWA members will protest the U.S. Navy's payments they charge the shipbuilder uses to finance its strikebreaking efforts. The union also says the Navy has awarded Newport News new work although it missed three major deadlines because of poor work by inexperienced replacements. The protest begins at 11:30 a.m. at the Navy Memorial on Pennsylvania Ave., followed by a march to the U.S. Capitol and a rally. For more information, call USWA Local 8888 at 757-896-9045 or Dawn Lamar in the AFL-CIO Field Mobilization Department at 202-637-5066.

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.