Ghana joins protests over gold sales

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Tue Jul 20 08:22:48 PDT 1999

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:

> "[G]old has become part of the apparatus of conservatismŠ." -
> Keynes, Treatise on Money.
>
> Doug

I get a daily giggle listening to the bible-thumping right wing radio station here. They have offers by (good christian) firms that will help you convert your 401k or IRA into that safest of investements, gold. This is pitched as a hedge against the Y2K fallout that is yet to come. They also have ads from another good, christian company that will provide you with gourmet freeze dried meals for when the grocery stores are overrun with murauding hords next January.

Personally, I hope these facists buy up all the gold and then watch it go to a 30 year low, instead of a mere 20 year low.

In god we trust, all other pay cash.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com