Union Political Action in 2000

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Wed Jul 21 09:56:52 PDT 1999

One thing that I would strongly advise my peers in the AFL-CIO unions is that we not endorse a US Presidential candidate early. Let's take our time...why not wait until let's say Labor Day 2000 before we make an endorsement. Possibly, some of the larger and more progressive unions may even want to wait until mid-October before putting the word out. Also, if there is anything to this Nader-Moore business we may want to put a little money and muscle behind their campaign; just to keep things interesting! Especially, if Nader-Moore run a serious campaign on some sort of coalition ticket that pushes the debate in our direction.

Tom Lehman