Plop is a sound...

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Thu Jul 22 10:48:38 PDT 1999

Doug asked some time ago why folks believe things contrary to their best interest, and I think he was referring to the internalization (and rationalization) of many people. I think the answer is, that adopting the imposed standards as one's own *is* rational. That is, it *is* in our best interest in the particular situation for what we know, for what we think we can do.

John K. Taber

This is the rational that the AFL-CIO will use when they endorse a US Presidential candidate sometime between January and March of 2000. It will be let's hop on the bandwagon even if the band isn't playing our tune. I wouldn't discount the laziness factor here---it's a lot less work than doing something original. And hey...maybe you can get a relative or two a good job.

Tom Lehman