Curiosity re Time and Maillists

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 22 11:37:58 PDT 1999

I spend way too much time on these lists -- and yet I can't read carefully at all more than about 1 out of ten of the posts that flow by. I estimate that to cut my time down to a reasonable amount per day I would have to delete over half of the posts without opening them, and over half of the remainder after only glancing at the first sentence or two. (I'm on several other lists as well as lbo.)

I would be interested on how others (most of whom are not retired as I am) allocate their time reading and replying to posts on line.

Carrol