News and Notes this weekend,

Marko Ajdaric marko at lutacontinua.zzn.com
Sat Jul 24 03:11:25 PDT 1999

See this weekend at http://come.to/luta or http://pagina.de/luta

Now, English news are easier to load, once we have cut Portuguese/Spanish news and notes to less than 10% of their previous extent.

>From the Stödgruppen Mumia Abu-Jamal, Stockholm: So The World Police and Fire Games are finally here...

NATO Missiles' Legacy in Pancevo

Thessaloniki Anti NATO struggle resists for 4 months

Southern Poverty Law Center. a non-profit organization that combats hate, intolerance, and discrimination through education and litigation

Stop nuclear transport between Russia and Bulgaria

On line bookshopping (Y not?): 'Against principalities and powers: letters from a Brazilian jail' (et alii)

A newborn list 'for people who like to express their opinions/thoughts on environmental issues concerning our planet and others throughout the universe'

Campaign for human rights at Heathrow (London) airport

An online petition to argue Congressmen to vote cast votes for bills through e-mail

Tens of thousands of public servants in a one-day strike in South Africa

Warning: IMF in Nigeria to hold 'discussions' on economic reforms

Coca-Cola co. would be unfairly trying to force its competitors out of the market

9th Ibero-American Summit: How can the interests of the Ibero-American nations best be defended?

Union leaders vowed to stay out on strike at the Ford truck plant in Sao Paulo

Symbionese Liberation Army member back in the Twin Cities

Kevin Keating, the Anti-yuppie crusader

America's only progressive network, Pacifica Radio, teeters on the edge of collapse

Race and Power at Pacifica Radio: The Future and the Stakes Today

The Great Speckled Bird StrikePage. Now hosted at IGC

Ireland: Activist released after Greenpeace blockade

An editorial on the crisis at KPFA by a LaborNet coordinator

How you can help take the US and NATO to court

''I want to say to the elite of this country - the elite news media, the liberal academic elite, the liberal political elite: I accuse you in Littleton, and I accuse you in Kosovo''

Iran protests over a border incursion by Turkish forces

Boycott Shell! Free Nigeria !

Economic growth is less than population growth in Syria. Throughout 11 years

The international network of Red & Anarchist Skinheads

Brazil & the imperialist banks

Okay, okay, the Luta is Contínua! But stop a while and smile (Henry, recent)

The New Communist Party of Yugoslavia: aggressors can't be peacekeepers

Libyan proposal for a united Arab airspace

Electronic direct action could challenge the most powerful organisations in the world

UK: Stop nuclear privatisation

Poland: Brutal repression of factory workers in Radomsk

Indigenous groups in Ecuador predict extreme violence ahead as opposition grows to any form of oil exploitation in the Amazon basin

Jamaican children are frequently detained for months at a time in filthy and overcrowded police lock ups

It could take ten years and billions of dollars worth of aid to restore the war-torn Balkan region

Malcolm X's diary swiped, nearly auctioned

Book store: Green Building Resource Guide (if you buy it, you will buy from a polit-correct site)

An alert from Timbisha Shoshone Tribe of Death Valley, California

Sharif has been busy trying to formulate views to be sold to the Pakistani people as well as world public opinion

The death of so called JohnJohn and the politics of celebrity

India: rail workers strike

The health consequences of rainforest degradation to be shown at the Chelsea Physic Garden

Indian leaders from US and Canada in an unprecedented meeting to expand cooperation ties

The Times: For the Turkish, Russian, Italian and Albanian mafias," Kosovo really had become a paradise''

Ted Turner faces brave eco-warriors

A war erupted between 2 Net titans over the coveted area of instant messaging

Environmentalists Sue U.S. Commerce Dept., Trade Representative Over Timber Industry Bias

An e-mail group where victims of aspartame poisoning discuss the issues of aspartame recovery and aspartame activism

Anonymous Communication on the Internet. Referred as serious by our colleague Alan Farrelly

After 18 days of picketing, 300 Malaysian workers are allowed to work in a sitting position

Albanian terrorists murdered 14 years old boy in Gnjilane

Namibia, according to IMF

UN sanctions through an Arab lens

Berkeley back to protest era

Internet households are now viewing 13% less TV than non-online households

A Luta Contínua Web System http://come.to/luta