Capital punishment in Florida

Mon Jul 26 13:13:26 PDT 1999

We have the U.S. rationale in the Viet Nam war of bombing a village to save it.

Charles Brown

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:40:49 -0700 Michael Perelman <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu> writes:
>Just reporting the news. What I thought was unreal the way that
>brutality commonly
>passes as humanitarianism. The Riverside cops that shot the young
>woman also claim
>that they were there to save her life.

This humanitarianism thing appears to be quite contagious. First, the US and NATO wage a humanitarian war complete with bombs against Yugoslavia. Then in Florida, cops humanely tried to save the life of a death row inmate by performing CPR with their boots. And as Michael pointed there were those cops in Riverside who attempted to save a woman's life by shooting her.

I submit that the world could use a little less such humanitarianism.

Jim Farmelant

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.