The New Constellation and the French Revolution

kelley oudies at flash.net
Tue Jul 27 18:04:19 PDT 1999

ken wrote:

>This is appropriate. I've think I've learned more about culture
>and class struggle from reading cookbooks than I have from
>any other source. What we eat tells us more about ourselves
>than any theoretical framework.

hey, proper credit where credit is due you plagiarizer you.

>Raw - revolutionary
>Baked - liberal
>Boiled - postmodern

and max baby replied:

>how bout this, for the major food groups:

>regulative -- fiber
>performative -- beans
>subjectivist -- jello

>zucchini -- not sure where it fits in, but has
>something to do with the square root of minus one.

WOW. i don't know if i should be glad you didn't say cucumbers or not!!!!!! close but no cigar, eh? well, you know, pomo theorizing sho'nuf is wanking with twist, some sort of animal, mineral or vegetable no doubt.

but ken forgot to note another formulation that we'd come up with to celebrate the cover of an issue of cosmo a few months ago:

raw--au naturelle baked--neatly shaved boiled--french garden

hell, mebbe when i did the 'which spice girl are you most like quiz' and the answer kept coming up geri halliwell no matter what dang answers i gave, there was a reason. i think the key to the quiz was your answer to where you keep your lipstick as i recall.

ockhamly yours,

o-l kelley