Anglo vs. Euro-style capitalism (begging letter)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 28 10:52:39 PDT 1999

DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com wrote:

>Alright, I'm begging. My darling girlf is doing a PhD on how the French
>financial sector was taken over by Anglo-Saxon values, and has been
>requested to come up with some references to the literature other than
>spivvy business-school texts. Does anyone know of references relevant to
>the development of the European (bank based) and Anglo-Saxon (market-based)
>styles? There's a pint in "Jude the Obscure" on Walton St in it for anyone
>who can help.
>
>If people could reply by private email that would be lovely, because our
>server is decidedly unreliable at passing on messages from listservers.

I thought of the name of Jenny Corbett of Oxford, who's written on comparative governance, as a place to start, so I did a search and came across an excellent reading list on the economics of OECD countries since 1945 she put together along with Chris Allsopp, Andrea Boltho, Andrew Glyn, and Marcus Rebick. <http://www.economics.ox.ac.uk/Faculty/ReadingLists/Economics_of_OECD_ Countries.htm>.

Doug