discussion on working class, etc.

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Thu Jul 29 08:04:45 PDT 1999

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Charles Brown wrote:
> Charles: Is this true if we define class based on relationship to and
> ownership of basic means of production ?

I'm not sure if it's so; certainly relationship to and ownership of basic means of production mediates status or class.

(For example, I worked as a programmer at Queen's for a time. It was very easy for a programmer to make more than a junior faculty member (even a mid-level faculty member, for that matter) there. I assume it still is. However, it doesn't take a genius (or a university professor) to figure out who bossed who around).

marco