the new constellation

kelley oudies at flash.net
Sat Jul 31 16:19:57 PDT 1999

>Not just pool, Kelly. It has to be nine ball, doesn't it?

i think, technically, you're right. but i'll have to consult pp 341-359 of vol 2 of Communicative Action to be sure, coz habermas buddy is the greatest social philosopher of all time according to rakesh! <snort>

otherwise, the only times i've ever managed to play nine ball well is when i'm well on my way to being quite torqued. i dunno why. i think it's that i need to be at some point between the unconsciousness and desire ken's so hellbent on and communicative action that habermas is so hellbent on [which i must argue for coz ken drives me too it]. i think it's that i can't get the point of nine ball when i'm straight. in any event, i only play pool well with a small window of opportunity between 2 and 4 scotch and waters. though i once i was very torqued and yet managed to play fairly well against nancy larraine hoffman, a nys senator with a penchant for hogs and hanging out with hell's angels at jumping jack's in syracuse.

don't even get me started on darts.

kelley