CATO paper

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Tue Jun 1 05:54:36 PDT 1999

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> A distressingly cogent analysis from the soi-disant Right...

I hate to sound like a Commie or something awful like that, especially this morning after Memorial Day when, as a U.S. citizen, I ought to be be blur-eyed hung over with patriotism, but how annoying the idea in that sentence. Mr. Jatras's essay was otherwise pretty reasonable, so I wonder if he was conscious of the illogic there. What does the word "lie" mean? If "every" one of them has now been "vindicated," then they were not "lies."

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net