Stiglitz paper; Agency chains and Stakeholder governance...

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Tue Jun 1 16:08:26 PDT 1999

I don't know if anyone else has looked at this one yet, but in the section on shortening agency chains I don't see the CUSTOMER. Is the worker the agent of the customer? Page 12 is THE transfer (rent) seeking pyramid structure that is the source of the inequality in workplaces in "advanced" cap. The circular flow of Stiglitz' logic is akin to the "self-contained" circular flow of the human economy that Herman Daly has been blasting away at for years.

I notice he doesn't say anything about the "agency betrayal" thats been going on in capitalism since the invention of the first speedup...

Ian Murray Seattle, WA