American Front

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jun 4 08:01:40 PDT 1999

Oh these people are scary.

"What We Believe" <http://www.americanfront.com/believe.html>

The American Front is a political movement which seeks National Freedom and Social Justice. It is a way beyond Left and Right; beyond capitalism and communism. It is a progressive new outlook which addresses the political, social and economic issues which affect our daily lives.The American Front offers a real alternative for the Peoples of North America.

The People's of every Nation have an unalienable right to self-determination - to preserve their own culture and traditions and have control over their future and the future of their children. We believe that European (White) people represent distinct Nations in American, Canada, and Quebec, linked by ties of culture and history. Common ancestry is the main determining factor in Nationhood. We feel that culturally mixed societies cannot form a true Nation and are inherently unstable. No one race or culture is "superior" to others, but they are all different. Racial integration threatens all Peoples. Humane efforts towards separation and self-determination are better for us than endless repression, tension, and racial violence.

Unlike the corporate boss or the federal bureaucrat, the American Front sees the nation as a great family. Every member of our national family has the absolute right to care at the Nation's expense when young, sick, or old. We believe in equal opportunity for all but unearned privilege for none.

The opportunity of every citizen to own one's own home and have a decent and rewarding job is the right of all our People. For instance, in America today, we find that nearly 80% of the country's wealth is in the hands of less than 10% of the population. We believe that this goes against the idea of widespread property ownership which was once the hallmark of our country. We believe every citizen should have a hand in the production and distribution in their place of work, for the good of family stability and for the best use of national resources. Therefore, we promote the following practices in order to regain our economic freedom:

· Family owned businesses, since the family is the basis of any healthy society.

· Partnerships between individuals jointly owning an enterprise.

· Producer cooperatives, which have a proven record throughout North America and Europe.

· Profit sharing and worker representation where economy of scale or national security precludes the forming of cooperatives.

We also single out the present banking establishment as the perpetrator of our economic ills. Contrary to what the headlines tell us, the present "world banking crisis" is not an insoluble problem. We believe in a truly nationalized banking system, which is not under the control of private interests. In addition we would outlaw usury, or the charging of interest. The national debt must be abolished.

We hold the environment in trust for future generations. Pollution of land, sea, and air, and our bodies through radiation and toxic chemicals threatens our very existence. We believe in a return to natural family farming methods, a ban on harmful food additives, the outlawing of "animal-testing", and the charging of corporations with the clean-up of all toxic waste.

The system of "representation" is a fraud. Party rule is a cloak for dictatorship of big business and media bosses. Government must be in the hands of the People, who through new information technology and the election of delegates, who can be recalled at any time, to carry out the wishes of the community. Power must be devolved to the lowest level possible so that the government is structured from the bottom up and not the top down. People must learn to take charge of their own lives through participation rather than leave affairs up to distant officials and faceless bureaucrats. The Nationalist system of Popular Rule would incorporate the ability and initiative of both local and national level leadership - as well as worker, professional and university bodies - so that the government would be one responsive to all sectors of society. In a Nationalist society the government and the people would be one and the same.

The freedoms of any nation must be defended through armed neutrality, which highly trained National defense forces backed up by a militia made up of the entire adult population. This would be based on the well-known Swiss system. We do not believe that the police or the military should have a monopoly on firearms, as this is the first step towards dictatorship. The right to self-defense belongs to all responsible citizens.

These changes cannot be brought about by tinkering within the System, or by relying on the System's own institutions. They can only spring from a National Revolution. This revolution must begin in the hearts and minds of individuals, then spread by example to involve whole communities in alternative structures such as local councils and schools, neighborhood anti-crime patrols, health care and self-help groups. Once we cease to depend on the old State, it can be swept aside.

The growth of these ideas in nation after nation shows that a new force is rising in the world for the 21st Century. Leaving behind the sterile hatreds of Capitalism and Communism, this Third Position offers a real future for the White People of North America. We urge all who agree with these principles to join with us in the struggle to build the American Front - the movement of the Future!