eBay

Chris Beggy chrisb at eden.com
Fri Jun 4 08:11:38 PDT 1999

pms wrote:

> Hey Dougdaddy,
>
> What I don't get is way I don't hear about law suits against these brokers.
> Even with the disclaimers. Folks are constantly bringing suit against
> companies for making them lose money. Everyones suing Compaq for leading
> them down the primrose path preceding the real bad earnings report. Do any
> of these suits succeed, do you know?
> One of my greatest stock market dream disappointments was finding out that
> you could "discover" a great little, money makin' company, with a PE of 9,
> (and an internet site) and no one was bothering to buy it.

Disputes with brokers are often settled by arbitration. Agreement to settle this way is often a condition of the brokerage account.

Shareholder suits are common, and occasionally successful. William Lerach is the name I am most familiar with:

http://www.milberg.com/

and to hear him tell it, the lawsuits are frequently successful.

Chris