Invitation to join solidarity at onelist.com

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Jun 4 09:01:42 PDT 1999

. . . The web site had a surprizing number of links to similar outfits. Targets of veneration include Strasser and Zhirinofsky.

> Does not the proliferation of such outfits signify the total
moral bankruptcy of what used to be the "left." with blairs, jospins and schroeders and their 'faux-gauche' outfits becoming a window dressing for nato - where can all those people go, if not to such bizarre cults?

Without doubt the movement of laborites to the center repels some workers into the populist right. But I think the popular appeal of this Third Position stuff in the U.S. is zilcho. It looks too foreign and communist-sympathetic. It's something for bored Nazis, which are not numerous here. On a more popular level, if the Kosova deal turns out to be as much of a victory for NATO (not necessarily for Kosovars) as indicated, then Buchanan's bile is much diluted, since it seems largely to turn on the expectation of a losing battle with U.S. fatalities.

More to the point is the inhospitability of the U.S. left to white workers, partly reflected in the imbecilic commentary on race with which we have been afflicted recently. I'm not sure, from my vantage point, how much of a problem, if one at all, this is in the EU or OZ.

mbs