Kosovo compromise

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jun 5 19:02:32 PDT 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

>We'ren't they under that anyway? For that they had to go to war?
>There's evidence the IMF was stepping all over Serbia. But is
>there evidence that Milo's regime was putting up some kind of
>resistance?

It looks like they haven't been servicing their debts since 1992. The IMF/WB/BIS/OECD joint debt figures are blank, but the 1997 figures in the WB's Global Development Finance show $15.1 billion in total debt, with $2.0 billion in interest arrears and $6.7 billion in principal arrears. No doubt these matters will have to be worked out before reconstruction finance can be arranged.

Doug