Let's look at actuality. Was: Re: Comparing Mao to Hitler

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 5 20:21:53 PDT 1999

Brad De Long wrote:

> This is the kind of thing that--as Sen points out--a free press and
> bourgeois democracy are quite good at avoiding. It is very hard to tell
> lies to your superiors if there are alternative public sources of
> information out there...
>
> Brad DeLong

Like Monicagate, Like Watergate, like the U2 incident lie by Eisenhower, like the bombing of Cambodia, like the CIA lsd experiments on its own agents, like Iran-Contra, like Boeskey and Milkin, like tobacco industry lies, like auto industry memos on safety, like Delong's propaganda, etc, etc.

Its true in America, the speciaty is to tell lies to your subordinates. American has a commercial press that seeks facts for profit. Free? Like I was a founding father of America. The fact of the matter is: even granting DeLong's cliam of the errors of the Great Leap Forward (he did not mention the People's Communes which were more problematic), the so-called backyard steel furnaces had realtively minor impact (perhaps at most 10%) on grain production. During haverst, the Great Leap Forward activities were temproarily suspended to facilitate farm labor needs.

It was bad weather that caused a 60% drop in production for three consecutive years and it was US embargo that caused the famine. It was NOT a matter of economic or mangement policy failure the caused the deaths in the 1961-62 famine. It was geopolitics, namely American embargo on China, as it now is doing to Iraq. Children are dying in Iraq not because Saddam America calls him a murderous Hitler, they are dying because of US sanction. Yes, lets look at actuality.

Now, DeLong, find another funny quote from the works of Mao Zedong to explain that! Of cource you can once again ignore my post so you can dodge the embargo question. Unlucky for you, you cannot filter this post to the in-box of others on the list.

As Bush said: you can run, but you can't hide (not from US missiles, but from truth).

Henry C.K. Liu