Hunger Strike for Justice

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Sun Jun 6 20:38:50 PDT 1999

101 Villa Road Birmingham B19 1NH Phone: 0121-554-6947 Fax: 0870-055-4570 E-mail ncadc at ncadc.demon.co.uk Web www.ncadc.demon.co.uk/

Hunger Strike for Justice

Refugees from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East together with supporters from Europe and the USA are now on Hunger Strike.

On Friday 4th June in Cologne Germany against the racist terror and for human rights, justice and peace. We have occupied the Green Party Office in Cologne, Ebertsplatz 23

We have started our protest on the 4 June as the European Union (EU) summit meeting is taking place and we will still be on Hunger Strike when the Group of Seven (or 8) meets from 18th _20th June.

We hunger for justice

On the 28th May, just a few hundred Kilometres away from Cologne, Aamir Mohamed Ageeb a Sudanese refugee was killed inside the plane in the process of his forced deportation from Germany.

The statements of Otto Schily the interior minister of Germany that he will not carry out deportation of refugees who physically struggle is completely ridiculous as the EU meeting that is taking place now will be making plans how to strengthen Fortress Europe and how to forcibly deport far more people than they do now.

Deportation can never be voluntary!

Death during deportation is the sharp expression of the systematic violation of the basic human rights of refugees in Germany and in Europe. As soon as a refugee reaches Europe, he/she faces humiliation, abuse and has to live in sub-human conditions.

In Germany the authorities have determined that a refugees can live in a space of 4 Square Metres _ according to the German law a dog needs 9 Square Metres. Refugees are forced to live in camps in the middle of the forest where they are effectively prisoners.

We are here because you destroy our countries

Cologne the host city for the EU/G8 summits will also be the host city for the refugees and the oppressed, the consequence of their policies. We the refugees gather here to meet our oppressors. We are not only exposing the racist reality we face in Germany but also the reasons for our flight, the reality of the dictatorships and the fascist regimes that exist in the countries where we came from and how Germany and other G7 countries prop up these regimes to maximise their Profits.

These meetings of the most powerful countries of the world are presiding over a time of unprecedented violence and injustice.

With spectacular arrogance the Turkish regime is on its way to execute the PKK leader Abdullah Öcalan in an attempt to destroy the Kurdish people's struggle for freedom.

The Hunger strikers demand that the EU and G8 meetings put pressure on Turkey to stop this barbaric display and find a political solution to the Kurdish question.

After more than 70 days of continuous bombardment, massive destruction, and immense suffering the Kosovo Albanians, it is clear that the NATO strike on Yugoslavia has nothing to do with defending human rights. What is also clear is that the Yogoslavian Kosovo Albanian refugees had been used as a tool to create the justification for the US lead NATO strike.

The Hunger Strikers demand that the EU and G8 members call for an immediate stop to the NATO strike.

We, the refugees on Hunger strike demand, specifically from the German SPD/Green coalition government to stop creating the reasons for our flight . . . . . . . . to stop pretending that German militarism and expansionism is for the sake of human rights, . . . . to stop collaborating or propping up with fascistic regimes and dictatorships like Turkey, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Togo . . . . and instead start with supporting Human Rights right here in Germany by implementing a complete stop to deportations.

We demand that Green Party Foreign Minister Joshka Fischer to arrange a meeting between himself, Otto Schily the Minister For the Interior and the Hunger Strikers to discuss our demands.

The Hunger Strikers are:

Cornelius Yufanyi _ Camaroon, Donny Ohia , Roberts Tunde Emmanuel and Adebayo Babatunde _ Nigeria, Yigit Senayi und zwei weitere Kurden _ Kurdistan, Alex Rodriguez _ Peru, Narusaleem Jeyathas and one more Tamil _Tamil Eelam, Viraj Mendis _ Sri Lanka, Komlan Glokpon und James Atayi _ Togo, Warren Stowe _ USA, Tom _ Deutschland

Please send faxs/letters of support to the Hunger Strikers:

Fax: 00-49-421-5577094

Coordinations Office: (International Human Rights Association - Bremen) Kornstr. 51 28201 Bremen Tel.: 00-49-421-5577093 mail at humanrights.de http://www.humanrights.de