Invitation to join solidarity at onelist.com

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Jun 7 10:06:47 PDT 1999

From CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us Mon Jun 7 09:43:48 1999

Well, I have good politics.

But not as good sense of logic?

The unstated implication of your discussion is that you are

pro-Michigan Militia ...

Certinaly not. You mistake my criticism of you as support for them. That's hardly surprising, since you seem to have wild ideas about linking just about anything to racism. Frankly, I'm neither pro- nor against- Michigan Militia.

Anyway, let's stick to my stated position, since you've shown yourself to be inaccurate in the 'unstated implication' world:

> That's close, but really it was your hyperactive linkage I

> was joking about: given all the racist crap on the American

> Front web site, you seemed to want to go for the 'racist

> jugular' by pointing out their link to the (belatedly

> acknowleged by you as not specifically a 'racist group' --

> that's at least encouraging, since HateWatch recently

> apologized to MM in a big way for making much the same lazy

> mistake) by simply saying "They have a link to the Michigan

> Militia" ... as though that would seal the judgement of the

> American Front as being a racist organization.

Please show me where I expressed support for MM in that paragraph.

Please show me where I expressed ciriticism of anything other than your lazy approach to accusing MM of being a racist organization (which you later refuted yourself).

and are offended by an investigation of the suggestion that

they have fascistic racists in their ranks.

I couldn't care less about that; I do however find it hilarious (maybe Brad & I will start a chortling club?) that you don't see a problem with linking MM with AF with a wide sweeping brush? Hah! I'm sure if you look at any organization with a wide variety of interests and tastes you'll find "fascistic racists in their ranks" ... no, you have something more than that to say: your hyperactive linkage (stated, not unstated) said "AF is racist, just look: they have a link to MM!" is just another example of your demented 'logic' about who is and who isn't a racist.

When called on it, you agree: your only "evidence" is one of their leaders did not deny that there are elements of his organization who are racist. Big deal. That's also true of the Congress.

Why not just change your name to Backpeddle Brown?

Methinks you doest protest too much.

No sir, I believe that's your position here.

Let me get this straight: you think that racism is under-reported and yet feel free to tar an organization as 'racist' that even you admit is decentralized and thus, unable to screen such types out?

Why can't you just say: Yes, Jordan, you're right: I was wrong to project a racist linkage between AF and MM; it was lazy and sloppy of me, and it does a disservice to the cause I care most about.

/jordan