Comparing Mao to Hitler

G*rd*n gcf at panix.com
Tue Jun 8 18:28:37 PDT 1999

Doug Henwood:
> ... I suppose you could say one difference between the
> debauched Russian & Chinese revolutions (and I did say there were plenty of
> stupidities & crimes) and the Euro-American imperial combo is that the most
> of the people killed by the former were Russians and Chinese, and most of
> the people killed by the latter have been Asians, Africans, and Latin
> Americans. There's a lot of blood behind bourgeois democracy.

Actually, quite a few people were killed in England, France, and Ireland, at least, in order to establish, defend, and sort out liberalism. Halving the population of Ireland in a decade must rank with the sort of thing we hear from Africa and Asia these days.

People always tell me it was the famine, but that's what did it for people in Cambodia, China, Ukraine, and a lot of other killing grounds as well.

Gordon