Comparing dictatorship of bourgeoisie vs dictatorship of the proletariat

Wed Jun 9 07:43:23 PDT 1999

I agree with Doug's general thrust, but the Nazi Euro imperial combo was responsible for 50 million "internal" or European premature deaths in WWII. Maybe more. The lead into this thread by Brad D. understates the Hitler -capitalist regime's body count, which was much more than 30 million, maybe twice as much.

Before that, I believe the Euro imperial combo was responsible for 20 million or more premature deaths in WWI. This must be counted in measuring the "internal" mass murder of bourgeois/Euro-American regimes. Brad D. still has not responded to my question regarding the these mass murders committed by the bourgeois European regimes of that period. This is part of capitalism's record too. Why leave it out ?

The point is not that this would justify communist regimes causing mass premature deaths, but that this thread is inherently a debate over alternatives, and the capitalist alternative is more murderous than the commmunist alternative, when one counts more accurately than the "free" market system proponents, who promote the dictatorship of the bourgeoisie.

Charles Brown

>>> G*rd*n <gcf at panix.com> 06/08/99 09:28PM >>>
Doug Henwood:
> ... I suppose you could say one difference between the
> debauched Russian & Chinese revolutions (and I did say there were plenty of
> stupidities & crimes) and the Euro-American imperial combo is that the most
> of the people killed by the former were Russians and Chinese, and most of
> the people killed by the latter have been Asians, Africans, and Latin
> Americans. There's a lot of blood behind bourgeois democracy.

Actually, quite a few people were killed in England, France, and Ireland, at least, in order to establish, defend, and sort out liberalism. Halving the population of Ireland in a decade must rank with the sort of thing we hear from Africa and Asia these days.

People always tell me it was the famine, but that's what did it for people in Cambodia, China, Ukraine, and a lot of other killing grounds as well.

Gordon