last words [jerry springer???]

Wed Jun 9 08:11:20 PDT 1999

Yea, Kelley,

You sound like a Fredrick Douglass type of person : "If there is no struggle , there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men ( sic ) who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters."

In other words, they aren't dialectical in their thinking about how things change.

The struggle continues; victory is certain, just to place a ying out to Foucault's yang ( Henry might help me critique my interpretation of ying/yang).

Charles Brown

Doug--Jerry!!, Jerry!!--Henwood wrote:

>I'm really struck by the way three or four certain persons - all, probably
>not coincidentally, male - just can't let the other have the last word.

wait a minute here. i let others have the last word, though i'd really rather not often enough. but that's *only* because i'm busy or bored, not because i'm any less manly than the next guy. just wanted to make that clear. i'll NOT have anyone thinking *I'M* a wimp. 'kay?

ange! lacan (or derrida?!) that one

So
>the same argument - no not argument, epithet-pitching is more like it -
>goes on & on & on beyond the point of tedium.

epithet pitching is merely the continuation of argument by other means.

And it's always - "well if he
>has the last word then it'll look like I'm agreeing with him." I really
>thought I'd left kindergarten behind, but apparently not. This is not your
>sandbox.

i think folks ought to get down and sandy in the sandbox once in awhile, instead of pretending that they're carrying on polite conversation over biscuits and tea.

well, i'm back to play in the sandbox, lovelies. maybe we should screen the sand first though in case catherine's or paula's cats have visited lately? i've got first dibs on the blue sandpail and yellow shovel.

kelley