model of war

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Wed Jun 9 19:23:17 PDT 1999

Doug:
>But word is that Hitchens has been dropped from the Washington A-list. And
>maybe Alan Greenspan won't be dropping in at parties chez Hitchens anymore
>either.

Maybe not, but in the June 14th issue of the National Review, the reactionary Florence King writes the following in her column on book blurbing:

"A writer I would love to blurb is Christopher Hitchens. I know, I know he attacked Mother Teresa, but I have relished his writing ever since we were regular reviewers in Newsday's daily book section. I was Tuesday, he was Wednesday: ships that pass in the night, or more likely, trash-compactor buddies like Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw in The Getaway.

I've already written the blurb: 'If Christopher Hitchens is a Marxist, I want to be one too.'"

(Peter making Crusty the Clown-being-disgusted chuckle and groan)

WSJ says: "Sales of works by Noam Chomsky, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology linguist whose political writings many anarchists devour, have quintupled since 1994. Hits on the Emma Goldman Papers Web site exceed 10,000 a month." Hitchens on the best seller list. And did anyone read the Time magazine piece on Che Guevara?