homogeneity - was Re: Comparing...

kelley d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 10 04:44:26 PDT 1999

ange
>I would have thought it was fairly obvious that just because something or
>someone is not powerful enough to have _the desired_ deleterious effects on
>others does not change whether it is racism or not. americanfront will not
>have much effect on what happens in the US I suspect, but that doesn't mean
>they aren't racist. One Nation is in a pretty poor state at the moment, but
>that doesn't mean they aren't racist. et cetera...

this is because there aren't any powerful
>social institutions and practices that intersect in complex ways with other
>beliefs and practices which systematically and systemically diminish the
>lives of americans.

i'm not sure what you're on about and don't have time right now. i was simply responding to the claim that the japanese are racists because they think americans smell--i don't think that's racism or racist for a japanese person to think this. so i post the sum. of young's work as i'd mentioned a while back. i was talking about structural racism --and miles jumped in with an important point about how firms practice discrimination w/o seeing it as racist. the comments were specifically to henry and michael wrt the way in which racism against people of asian descent works in the u.s.