How now NATO?

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Thu Jun 10 06:51:52 PDT 1999

> I am not sure that NATO has
> really won, it won
> only in the military sense. The instability in the Balkans
> has just begun,
> the ecological catastrophe of the win unthinkable. Changing
> borders in the
> Balkans, for this is what the win is all about, is just the
> beginning of
> things to come. Where it will end is anybody's guess.

What political and environmental agonies like in wait for the Balkans is indeed anyone's guess now. But what concerns me in particular is growing Western glee over the fact that Victory Through Air Power *can* now in fact be achieved *and* with with no casualties at all to the wielder of such power -- which opens the way to increasing neoimperialistic adventurism all over the globe. What can be done to stop this?

Carl Remick