Comparing the Clinton regime to the Stalin regime

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Thu Jun 10 11:02:18 PDT 1999

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Seth Ackerman wrote:
> My understanding is that the Western powers didn't really care
> about the Russian Revolution - they thought Russia was too backwards to
> pose much of a threat. The various invasions and interventions by the
> Allies were done mainly to keep the Russians fighting the Germans. This
> is what Melvyn Leffler says in his recent book. Or am I wrong?

Given that the various invasions and interventions continued until long after (more than a year after, in fact) the armistice was declared, I'd say that there's at least a shadow of doubt on the matter. Which isn't to say that Leffler is out-and-out wrong; that may well have been the original motive, or one of the original motives.

marco