US SECRET POLICE EPISODES

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Sat Jun 12 12:58:59 PDT 1999

>>Why would the CIA have wanted to depose Nixon?
>
>Here's how Kevin Phillips made the case in his 1982 book, Post-Conservative
>America (an entity that hasn't arrived yet, despite Phillips' repeated
>promises). Connoisseurs of this thesis also point to Bob Woodward's
>background in Naval Intelligence.

Reading Phillips reminded me of something I had read about Nixon. In the thick of the crisis - he demanded someone (John Dean?) get the records on Kennedy and the murder of South Vietnam's president. He threw a shit-fit and repeatedly asked for them, but the FBI wouldn't turn them over, if I remember correctly. I think Tim Weiner wrote about it recently in the New York Times Magazine.