US SECRET POLICE EPISODES

Sam Pawlett rsp at uniserve.com
Sun Jun 13 19:59:50 PDT 1999

Michael Pollak wrote:

> So maybe that's why the right wing conspiracy stopped short of killing
> this vastly misunderstood president, as opposed to the last one? :o)

Seriously, there have been numerous attempts on Clinton's life. Remember when Francisco Duran walked outside the White House and emptied a few clips at the presendential bedroom in the early days of the administration? The paramilitary right has made in no secret that they would like to see Billy leave the White House feet first, for the usual reasons; refusal to invade Cuba, soft on China, submitting to the authority of the U.N.,fornicating etc. That much is said on talk radio every day. The far right hates Clinton with a vehemenance not seen since Kennedy. They say the Clintons represent the 60's when everything went wrong in America (not that I'm defending the Clinton's but they or anyone else does not deserve death.) In the 60's things began to open just a little. The mainstream press began to make hints at criticising the status quo. Academic freedom actually began to be utilized and came to mean something. All just a little too much for the conservatives to handle.

Why I am I defending conspiracy theory? Guess I asked for it.

Sam Pawlett